Sunday 18 March 2012

SummersRadio™ New Music! The Magnetic Fields!

SummersRadio™ New Music! The Magnetic Fields - 'The Horrible Party'/ 'God Wants Us To Wait'/ 'Andrew In Drag' (video)

Boston's Magnetic Fields are performing in Vancouver tonight! When I last posted The Magnetic Fields it was in December to announce this show - but there wasn't any new music available at the time, so instead I posted three of my favorites from the band which you can check out here: http://summersradio.blogspot.ca/2011/12/summersradio-concert-news-magnetic.html

Their new album 'Love At The Bottom Of The Sea' was released on March 6th on Merge Records. The 15 track album is available on download, as well as on cd and vinyl. Now I wanted to post my favorite song from it first - 'The Horrible Party' - as it seemed most fitting for an ironic post St. Patrick's Day post - and not only for the song title itself - both the musical backing and singer Claudia Gonson's delivery sound almost Irish.

But alas, 'The Horrible Party' is not available for sharing anywhere. I tried to upload it to Soundcloud (with the download function disabled - as always) but it was blocked by EMI Australia. I must say that it's a sad state of affiars with all the modern technology we have, that you can't simply play a song for someone - unless you use illegal file sharing sites - which I've never endorsed. All I want to do is allow people to hear it - not steal it - just listen to it in hopes that they'll like it, and consider buying it. I'm having a deja-vu here - you can check out my recent rant against UMG and the new Arcade Fire track here if you missed it: http://summersradio.blogspot.ca/2012/03/summersradio-new-music-arcade-fire.html

*UPDATE* 'The Horrible Party'! The last line of the song is the clincher... Enjoy!



So - on to my next favorite track on the new album then - which is available to share on Youtube - for now anyway!

This is the album's opening song called 'God Wants Us To Wait'... Enjoy!



'Andrew In Drag' is the first official single - and video - from the new album. It features some catchy lyrics - although I've never been a fan of the f-bomb - and I don't mean fuck :) 'Andrew In Drag' is also available as a 7" vinyl single - I like the slight variation on the album's covert art for it's artwork:

                  

This is the video for their latest single 'Andrew In Drag'... Enjoy!



'You like?'™ Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349
and join our group here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/366897324071/ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment