Friday 27 July 2012

SummersRadio™ It's My Party! Saint Etienne!

SummersRadio™ It's My Party! Saint Etienne - 'Over The Border'/ 'I've Got Your Music' (official video)

Today is my birthday and while I'm not having a party per se I've got at least two related posts planned before I become comfortably numb and/ or too sedated to post anything! :)

If you check out SummersRadio™ regularly you probably already know that London's Saint Etienne are one of my all time favorite bands - and their latest album 'Words And Music By...' (released in May) is one of the finest of their career. It's basically a concept album about music - which when you think about it isn't as common as one might initially think.

Bob Stanley has said that 'The general theme of the album is marking a route in your life through music' - hence the map on the cover art - which contains a total of 312 song titles! The opening track 'Over The Border' is my most favorite - as Sarah Cracknell's voice is always beautiful - but it's equally magical when she speaks (which we rarely get to hear) and here she tells a brief history of her life in music. Naturally I can relate as my entire life has revolved around music - every song is a memory - so many albums are a part of me.

So 'Over The Border' is a fitting birthday post song - as she talks about getting older - and doing so many things that I remember vividly as well - buying my first records - memorizing charts - and so on. It's an exquisite song that any massive music lover at any age can relate to... Enjoy!



Bonus Track/ New Video! 'I've Got Your Music' is the second single and video (I hope that 'Over The Border is the third!) released from their new album. The concept for the video is a simple but effective one - the band invited fans to send them a video clip of you holding up the cover of one of your all time favorite records. It's fun to see how many you can recognize - and I'm clearly not the only fan who also loves fellow Londoners the Pet Shop Boys as well... Enjoy!



You like?'™ Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349
and never miss a beat by joining our group here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/366897324071/ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment