Tuesday 25 September 2012

SummersRadio™ New Remix! Late Nite Tuff Guy!

SummersRadio™ New Remix! Late Nite Tuff Guy - 'I Can Feel It' (LNTG Rework)

Cam Bianchetti aka Late Nite Tuff Guy is a dj/ producer (formerly known as HMC) from Australia who's just released a new rework of Phil Collins' 'In The Air Tonight' retitled 'I Can Feel It'! Wait a second... Phil Collins? Yes. I had a discussion with a friend today when I was pondering this post - the first question was 'Is Phil Collins cool'? We wholeheartedly agreed that he is not. Was he ever cool and/ or did he write some great songs? Perhaps and absolutely, respectively.

                    

If I was to pinpoint where the shift took place I'd say it was in the mid-eighties - after the massive success of his third solo album 'No Jacket Required' and the Genesis album 'Invisible Touch' he aged quickly, and his music became watered down and bland ever so rapidly. But I for one cannot deny the unique atmosphere encapsulated in his debut solo single 'In The Air Tonight' - and the drum sound - amazing! It's a good song to space out to :)

So while I may cringe when I think of what Phil represents now, a good song is a good song, and a good remix is a good remix - and today's song is both! LNTG's rework extends the original - adds a bit more ambiance, some vocal effects, a kick drum - and he thankfully keeps the massive drum burst towards the end intact... Enjoy!



You like? Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349
and never miss a beat by joining our group here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/366897324071/ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment